Thanks to @subz_foodie we have the perfect banana bread recipe the Reindeer will LOVE!
Using our ingredients she's put a spin on traditional banana bread, with this Tahini, Molasses and Walnut Banana Bread. This loaf was made with wholemeal spelt flour, so it’s packed with the goodness of fibre and naturally sweetened with it’s ripe bananas.
- 300g mashed bananas (3-4 large ripe bananas)
- 3 heaped tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp Australian honey
- 2 tbsp linseed meal (flaxseed) + 6 tbsp water
- 75g tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil/coconut oil
- 160g of Greek yogurt (dairy free can be substituted)
- Juice of a lemon or orange (1/3-1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250g wholemeal spelt flour
- 60g walnuts
- 60g dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180•C and line a bread loaf tray with baking paper
2. In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, molasses, honey, eggs, tahini, olive oil, yogurt and lemon or orange juice until well combined and mixed thoroughly
3. In a separate bowl, mix the ground cinnamon, mixed spices, baking powder, flour, walnuts and chocolate chips until well combined
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until well combined
5. Pour the bread batter into the prepared tray and top additional sliced banana or sesame seeds
6. Place in the oven and bake for 70-80 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
7. Once baked, allow to cool and ENJOY!