It’s a quick and easy side dish recipe that will make you feel like a top chef!
Not to mention it’s vegan, dairy free and low carb!
Thanks to @thenourishedchef for showcasing our Nuts About Life ingredients!
- 2 Large Eggplants (ends trimmed + cut into cubes)
- 2 Tbsp Macadamia Oil
BLACK SESAME DRESSING:
- 4 Fresh Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp Tamari
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Fresh Coriander (chopped)
- Sprinkled Black Sesame Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 205⁰C. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In your lined tray, spread out the eggplant, drizzle with the macadamia oil and toss to coat.
3. Roast the eggplant for 25 to 35 minutes, tossing once, or until tender and beginning to caramelise.
4. Meanwhile, to prepare the glaze; add all your ingredients to a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low and simmer for 3-5 minutes, or until the garlic softens and the mixture reduces. Remove from the heat.
5. Once the eggplant is ready, transfer it to a large serving bowl. Drizzle with the sauce and toss to coat.
6. Garnish with the coriander and additional sesame seeds. Enjoy